Congrats to McDonald’s of San Antonio for winning the Large Business category in the 2017 SA Flavor Fiesta Medal Contest!
Making a hot Fiesta Medal is incredibly difficult—you have to really know the community and what matters to San Antonians. It has to be visceral and really appeal to the sense of place. So I’m always impressed with large businesses are able to step out of their very rigid corporate structure and create something special. Here are the finalists for this years Large Business category—voting ends 4/28 at midnight:
Which is your favorite Large Business Medal in the 2017 SA Flavor Contest?
- McDonald's Calavera (37%, 1,375 Votes)
- Jim's Restaurants Wreath (30%, 1,123 Votes)
- Bill Miller's Bar-B-Q Three Charms (18%, 675 Votes)
- Big Red Lotería Card (14%, 511 Votes)
Total Voters: 3,684
- Big Red—the accompanying partner to the iconic Sunday morning staple of barbacoa; designed by a high school student and extremely hard to find, we can only hope they make more next year
- Jim’s Restaurants—this Fiesta wreath of Jim’s dishes was particularly special to me because it is a favorite destination of my little mess; I love the coffee dangle because my daughter always has to “make” my coffee by adding sugar and cream
- Bill Miller Bar-B-Q—keeping their Fiesta Medal game strong, Bill Miller upped the ante with THREE dangles of all their protein: chicken, pig and cow
- McDonald’s—this fast food giant was able to crack in the top four by playing on our collective love of calaveras, complete with hamburger eyes and a fry mouth, this was a very clever medal
Those were my top four in the contest, now who are you going to vote as champion? You have until 4/28/17 at midnight to cast your vote!
Check out the SA Flavor online store for all the hottest Fiesta Medals! Free shipping for all orders $20 or more! Sign up for the SA Flavor Newsletter for all the best of SA without the spam!