Congrats to North Park Lincoln for winning the Kitschy category in the 2017 SA Flavor Fiesta Medal Contest!
2017 was the year of kitsch. I’ve seen medals like I’ve never seen before; there were scratch-n-sniff, dangles, spinners, openers and lit up medals. And while there were a lot of interesting designs, these were my favorite kitschy fiesta medals that were entered into the contest. Now it’s time for you to choose the winner—voting closes on 4/29 at midnight!
Which is your favorite Kitschy Fiesta Medal in the 2017 SA Flavor Contest?
- North Park Lincoln Car (47%, 142 Votes)
- SAWS Spinning Toilet Paper (39%, 119 Votes)
- Muhammad Ali Tribute (11%, 35 Votes)
- Palacio del Rio Flying Room (3%, 9 Votes)
Total Voters: 305
- Muhammad Ali Tribute—this was one of the most clever uses of a dangle that I saw; and what made it even more kitschy is that no one knows who even made it; well done sir/madam, whoever you are!
- Hilton Palacio del Rio—what I love about this medal is that it actually visualized how the rooms at the iconic River Walk hotel were flown in
- San Antonio Water System (SAWS)—this team is back in the contest with their spinning toilet paper roll that reminds you that #WipesClogPipes; admittedly, when you company deals with sewage, you have some “fertile” ground to make a kitschy fiesta medal
- North Park Lincoln Continental—this clever medal allowed you to lift up the hod; I liked how it was shiny underneath to reflect the lower medal; bonus points for the callout to the steer that blocks the road for Matthew McConaughey in that one commercial
All right Medal Maniacs, those were my top four! Now it’s your turn to vote for your favorite! Voting ends at 4/29/2017 at 11:59:59PM!
Check out the SA Flavor online store for all the hottest Fiesta Medals! Free shipping for all orders $20 or more! Sign up for the SA Flavor Newsletter for all the best of SA without the spam!